Deception and Defense... a key to a master strategist...

Deception and Defense... a key to a master strategist...

Postby rainbow6 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:28 am

As I have said before... all these strategies are effective. But being a the 'ultimate master' is how to counter them. Even today's players are reading each strategy off this list, including my own "Y-Defense" & "Corridor of Risk" that I have published over 3yrs ago. Now, the game has taken a big step forward. Deception & Defense are the 2 keys in winning a campaign and is still being used by military strategists up to today.

'The Deception' is to draw your opponent's attacking force away from your prime objective.. and that even includes using your 'flag' as an attacking piece. This is created by making the opponent believe where your force will create the most damage in order to achieve the player's primary objective... That is to invade and to get his/her flag to the opponent's side of the board. 'Flag hunting' will only be the 'last resort' objective.

After luring the opponent away, 'the Defense' begins by discreetly positioning key pieces all over the board from the high ranked pieces to the most vulnerable piece. The 'risk' can be great... but I remember a saying that goes, "The needs of the many may sometime outweigh the needs of the few.. or the one." You may need to sacrifice the majority of your force in order to accomplish your goal and it can work with one good bluff, no matter with a few pieces left.

It's not the formation you use, but it's how you utilize your forces... wisely!!!
rainbow6

Re: Deception and Defense... a key to a master strategist...

Postby yukinojo » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:33 am

Sana maiapply ko to ng mabuti sa laban... Madalas kasi akong nadedeceive eh! :D
yukinojo

Postby rainbow6 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:00 am

Yes Sir Yuki...

Kailangan mo unahan sila... ikaw dapat ang unang mag-'deceive'.... =)
rainbow6

Postby birador » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:48 am

It's not the formation you use, but it's how you utilize your forces... wisely!!!

First of all, I am not a master strategist or anything for that matter. Correct me if I'm wrong. IMHO, it all boils down to the formation/strategy you use. You wouldn't go to battle without a tried and tested strategy because the outcome could very well be disastrous especially if pitted against a master strategist. Defense and deception is part and parcel of a good and sound strategy.

Just my two cents worth.
Sabihin man nilang mayabang ako Kaya ko naman tapatan ito Kaya kung ikaw ay magyayabang din Ikaw ay aking bibirahin.
birador

Postby rainbow6 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:14 am

Very well said, Sir Birador!!!
rainbow6

Postby cjquines » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:05 pm

WARNING: Not a master player. :)

However, you should not rely on orthodox play too much. Monotony can lead to repetition and prediction, especially when it comes to formation. IMO, you need to have a good balance of deception, namely bluffs and fake flags, perhaps fake blitzes, or maybe the Low Key Gambit and also defense, as flag hunting is very rare, and most action takes place in the field, not behind the scenes, patiently waiting for the flag. People these days are protecting their flag more than ever, so you should try to lure his forces out, to leave his flag vulnerable, making sure to evenly attack all sides. Do remember that pieces can only move one square at a time, and it is easy to lose tempo in a difficult match.

That is all.
cjquines

Postby rainbow6 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:22 am

Well said Mr Quines... As well as to others' reponses... Luring is part of the 'Deception'... Plus a high percentage of winning is the luck especially kung ang natapatan mo ay isang agresibong kalaban o mga mahihinang piyesa. Just like you I am not a master strategist, but it is what I have observed during my game play and use it in which compels me to write what I have experienced. But really, thanks... This really shows your interest and love for this game... Any other responses are still open for discussion and appreciation... =)
rainbow6

Return to Effective game strategies